Lexia: Interactive Reading Practice
Our school is using Lexia Reading Core5™, a web-based reading program that provides the targeted practice and instruction students need to develop their reading skills. As an added benefit, students can use Lexia Reading Core5 at home.
Please wait to login until after you receive a parent letter about Lexia from the classroom teacher, or confirmation that your child has been introduced to Lexia already by his/her teacher this school year.
Getting started is easy!
1. Launch a web browser and go to the McGilvra website
- Select the “Lexia Link”This will automatically connect Lexiacore5
- You will see a link to download Adobe Flash Player if you do not have it.
Flash Player 11 or higher is required.
- If you have a slow Internet connection and have speed issues, you can download the Core5 software to your computer instead of using the website. Go Visit the website: lexialearning.com and select Downloads at the top of the page.
iPad Directions: iPad and iPad Mini users can download the Core5 app from the App store. Search for “Lexia Reading Core5.”
The first time you access Core5 on an iPad, you must set up your device:
- Click the Student/Parent button.
- Type in your teacher’s email and click the arrow button to continue.
2. Allow or help your child to log in. The student username and password is the same login they use at school. If your child does not remember the username or password, please email his/her teacher, or Jennifer Carr email@example.com. Important! Please allow your child to work independently at his/her own pace. Provide encouragement to focus on the tasks, but don’t give away the answers! Alert the classroom teacher if your child runs into repeated difficulty or frustration on a particular Lexia activity. (Look for the Information Apple in the lower-left hand corner of the Activity screen. The apple will turn red if the student is struggling in the activity they are currently working on.) Please try to ensure an average of 20-30 minutes per session . We recommend that usage be kept to a reasonable level—not too short and not too long. To learn more about Lexia Reading Core5™, Visit the website: lexialearning.com.
For help getting started or troubleshooting, click the Support tab from the Lexia Learning homepage, or email Jennifer Carr, McGilvra Reading Specialist ( firstname.lastname@example.org).